Mourning Card forThomas Peacock

Post questions and answers here

Mourning Card forThomas Peacock

Postby MAB » Wed Dec 22, 2004 11:37 pm

I was thrilled to see this mourning card on the site :lol: I really must check more often.
I was wondering if the owner of these cards is connected to those featured :?: I would love to hear from you.
Thomas Peacock was my Great grandmother's brother :!:
I now know that he, also went to live in Liverpool.
Thank you to all concerned
MAB
Forum Regular

Mourning Card for Thomas Peacock

Postby admin » Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:15 am

Hi MAB,

No, the owner of the cards has no connection with any of the persons mentioned on them. He has kindly allowed us to reproduce them on the web site though. If you'd like a better quality scan of the Thomas Peacock card do let us know. These mourning cards, the Garget-Harker ferrotype and the 250+ Harker postcards (see Archives) were all in the collection of Ruth Harker who once lived at Heugh Farm, Satronside and later moved to Hertfordshire/Essex. She appears to have been related to the Dougills who lived at the White House, Aysgarth. Pleased to hear you've made a small step forward with your research.
Regards, Michael
admin
Site Admin

Postby MAB » Thu Dec 23, 2004 8:58 pm

Hi Michael,
Thank you for the explanation. Thomas is one of the siblings of my great grandmother that I had not manged to find anything much about, so I am thrilled to have that lead. Isn't it amazing how these things turn up?
I would love a goood quality scan if that is possible please?
Thank you again.
Margaret
MAB
Forum Regular

Return to Main Forum