Eeles family research

Information about particular Swaledale families

Eeles family research

Postby Debbie Hudson » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:17 am

My great, great grandparents were Thomas Eeles and Margaret Rutter. They married at Grinton Church in 1871 and had several children: Francis, Mary, John Ralph, Margaret Hannah, Anthony, Annie I, Dinah, Thomas, Sarah R, Ann L.
They lived at Bents in Gunnerside until they moved between the 1881 and 1891 census. They came to live in Keighley to work in the mills.
Thomas had a brother Ralph who also came to Keighley and also 2 other brothers Francis and Anthony. Their parents were Francis Eeles and Mary Milner.
Is anyone else researching the Eeles family?
Debbie Hudson

Re: Eeles family research

Postby ALISONGREY » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:30 am

Hi I am writing this on behalf of my father Brian Eeles.
It appears that we may have a common ancestor. Your Great great grandfather Thomas Eeles is I believe the brother of George Eeles who is my great grandfather (Brian Eeles's Grandfather).
George Eeles had two children, Mary and Francis Thomas born 1887 who was my grandfather (Brian's father).
We know that George had brothers that moved to the Keighley area.
My father and my aunt have both been tracing their family tree and would like to hear from you.

Alison Grey
ALISONGREY

Re: Eeles family research

Postby Rodney » Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:32 am

Debbie Hudson wrote:My great, great grandparents were Thomas Eeles and Margaret Rutter. They married at Grinton Church in 1871 and had several children: Francis, Mary, John Ralph, Margaret Hannah, Anthony, Annie I, Dinah, Thomas, Sarah R, Ann L.
They lived at Bents in Gunnerside until they moved between the 1881 and 1891 census. They came to live in Keighley to work in the mills.
Thomas had a brother Ralph who also came to Keighley and also 2 other brothers Francis and Anthony. Their parents were Francis Eeles and Mary Milner.
Is anyone else researching the Eeles family?

My name is Rodney Eeles (Australia) and my wife and I will be visiting Gunnerside area early September and I think it is possible that we have common relatives. My grandfather's name was Anthony Eeles and I understand that he was born at Gunnerside although the birth may have been registered at Reeth in the early part of 1879 and was apparently the 5th child and third son of Thomas and Margaret Eeles who did as you relate move from Gunnerside to Keighley. In 1900 Anthony married Ada Elizabeth Acrid at Keighley. It appears they had at least one child Harold Wesley in 1901. It appears that Ada died aged 40 in 1919 and my grandfather Anthony then married Margaret Ann Turner late in 1919 and it seems moved to Australia with Anthony's son Harold soon after they married. I never knew my Grandfather but did know both my Grandmother Margaret and her stepson Harold. I would be please to hear from you if you think there is some relation to your family, my email is rodneyandmary@bigpond.com should you wish to use it, regard, Rodney
Rodney Eeles
Portarlington Vic.
Australia 3223
Rodney

Return to Swaledale Families