Daykin

Information about particular Swaledale families

Daykin

Postby darren » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:49 am

Hi

I am interested in finding resources for the families Daykin of Gunnerside.

I am one of the many 6th great grandsons of John Daykin 1701 & Mary Pratt.

I don't plan on reinventing the wheel, so I am looking for good reliable sites, or reliable resources.

I am particularly interested in building a picture of the people as opposed to just BMD info.

So if anyone knows where I can get gold information I would appreciate it.
darren

Postby admin » Thu Feb 18, 2010 1:31 pm

Christine Amsden recently wrote with this interesting link regarding John Daykin. Born in Gunnerside, he was the eldest son of Joseph Daykin and Ann Woodward and travelled to America in 1883.

http://www.riversidecemeterycleveland.org/rs_hs_e.htm#daykin

Good luck with your search.
admin
Site Admin

Postby darren » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:14 am

Cheers Michael.

I appreciate your help. I had already come across John N. Daykin in my search, and he is in my tree.

He also bought the town of Daykin Nebraska, which still bears his name, so there is a little more can be found on him there too.

I probably wasn't specific enough in my original posting, but with the internet being the biggest library, I still haven't had to resort to signing up to ancestry.com. My plan is to build what I can without ancestry, and then I will join when I am stuck.

There are two families I am researching, the Daykins and the mawers from the same area.

I found the dalesgenealogy site and the gunnerside site very informative, is a source of good info, and I was just wondering if there were more out there, that I hadn't yet seen.

Darren
darren

Return to Swaledale Families