Waggett Family message

Information about particular Swaledale families

Waggett Family message

Postby admin » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:18 pm

Hello

Just wondered if it might be useful to register my interest in the Waggett family tree and lead mining on this website. A few years ago I did a fair bit of research on the Waggett family tree, now filed away, and more recently have had useful discussions with other researchers via the internet. I would be pleased to hear from anyone else who may be interested in the Waggett family history and looks at this website.

Regards

Richard Waggett
admin
Site Admin

Re: Waggett Family message

Postby MatthewW » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:24 am

Hi Richard,
I am descended from Ann/Nanny Waggett Metcalfe (1750-1793). Her father was Ralph Waggett (b. 1719), son of Ralph (b. 1681), son of Giles (Gunnerside, using the Chapelry of Muker). I know that some of the Waggetts lived at Marrick and were baptizing at Grinton)

Two of Ann Waggett Metcalfe's granddaughters married their Waggett second cousins.

I would appreciate hearing what you know about this family, if it's the same one. I would assume that, going back far enough, they Marrick and Muker Waggetts may be linked.

Matthew Whalen
MatthewW

Re: Waggett Family message

Postby Waggett » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:40 am

Hello,
I am researching the Waggett family, did any of the Waggett's go to Ireland during the 1600 -1700s?
Waggett

Return to Swaledale Families