Thomas Alderson/Ann Fawcett

Post questions and answers here

Thomas Alderson/Ann Fawcett

Postby sandy » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:01 am

I am trying to find information on the origins of the Thomas Alderson b.1799-1800? who married an Ann Fawcett. They originally lived in Angram and I have information that he was the schoolmaster there although do not know the validity of that information or where it came from. They married in Muker in June 1824. I have plenty of information on their descendants but I am anxious to trace either Thomas or Ann's birth and families.

Thomas probably had a brother called William as he witnessed his wedding along with a Thomas Peacock. The family variously lived at Aygil, Skeughhead, a short period in Stainmore and somewhere called Cragmere (again I cannot find this location) where apparently he became an Inn Keeper! He certainly could write as he signed his marriage entry. In 1841 the family were in Aygil, before moving to Thorns.On the 1841 census he states his occupation as Miner although the spelling of the surname has been translated to Aldous.

An died about 1839 and Thomas somewhere between 1841 and 1851, believed to be 1846. Can anybody make any connections?
Sandy
sandy

Return to Main Forum