Coates Calvert Family tree

Post questions and answers here

Coates Calvert Family tree

Postby CoatesCalvert » Tue May 23, 2006 6:25 pm

Hi, I have created my family tree at www.marsmission.co.uk . Just search for William Coates who moved from Gunnerside to London around the 1860s. His ancestry includes Calverts, Metcalfes, Harkers, Hugills etc of Gunnerside, Crackpot and Muker. Any errors spotted or comments appreciated. It would be helpfull if others posted their family trees to compare.

We recently visited Gunnerside and were impressed with how unspoilt and original the area is :)

Andy.
CoatesCalvert

Postby CoatesCalvert » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:43 pm

We are now unsure about the parents of William Coates(b.1815 gunnerside) who married Elizabeth Calvert. There is no LDS record of William Coates(1775 crackpot) and Eliz. Metcalf(1776 muker) as the parents as shown on the tree. There is however an LDS record of John Coates father of William born 1815 Crackpot which fits. This would be William and Elenor Harker married 1805 in Grinton, buried in Gunnerside. If anyone could help confirm or deconfirm please do let me know.

We have direct family knowledge of the family from William and Elizabeth Calvert downwards.
CoatesCalvert

Postby CoatesCalvert » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:16 pm

I have just updated the website with far more Coates and Calverts. My previous webpage had an error in the Coates tree which I have corrected.

All the Best, Andy.
CoatesCalvert

Return to Main Forum