Thomas Armstrong - Author

Post questions and answers here

Thomas Armstrong - Author

Postby jonibee » Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:04 pm

Dear All,

For years I have been an avid reader (and re-reader) of all of Thomas Armstrong's nine novels, and thoughout time, I have managed to acquire copies of all his novels, including a number of signed copies.

My particular interest lies with the four Crowther novels, the reason being that I was born and bred in the Colne Valley (near Huddersfield), and I strongly identify with the erstwhile woollen industry that used to 'litter' the valley.

However, for some considerable time I have wondered as to the personal family history of this shy retiring author.
When and where he was born, his early life, his working life prior to becoming an author, and generally all about the gentleman. I know that he was a retiring and very private individual, but I can gather very little information about him from the internet.

Consequently, I am hoping that someone reading this perhaps knows about TA, or knows someone who knew him well.

In any event, I would be grateful for any information about Thomas Armstrong that may be available, and I thank you in anticipation of any help you can give me.

Yours,

Jonibee
jonibee

Re: Thomas Armstrong - Author

Postby PERCE » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:48 pm

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/detail ... dium=feeds

His Swaledale home is currently for sale.
PERCE
Forum Regular

Re: Thomas Armstrong - Author

Postby jonibee » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:31 am

Thank you, Perce, for the information, and please accept my apologies for not having replied to you earlier.

I have, of course, visited the website via your link, and was very interested in the info contained therein.
However, if you (or anyone else to your knowledge) has any further information about Mr Armstrong, then please contact me.

Thank you once again.

Jonibee
jonibee

Return to Main Forum