Peacock family in Swaledale

Post questions and answers here

Peacock family in Swaledale

Postby glilleker » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:08 pm

I would like to make contact with anyone with connections to the Peacock family in Swaledale.

My own connection is through James Peacock born at Healaugh about 1856 to parents John Peacock, a lead miner, and Hannah Metcalfe. James later married in Tynemouth and brought up his family in Newcastle.

James father John Peacock appears to have been born about 1822 at Grinton to parents John Peacock, also a lead miner, and Hannah Heslop.
glilleker

Postby admin » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:55 am

Have you seen the two Peacock links on the Interests page?
http://www.gunnerside.info/interests.html
admin
Site Admin

Re: Peacock family in Swaledale

Postby billiwizz » Thu May 12, 2011 11:16 pm

Hello, my connection with peacock is my gt gt grandmother Margaret Peacock, b. 1850 in Reeth. Her parents were James and Hannah Peacock nee Foster. Margaret married Thomas Hammond in 1869, In abt 1882 they moved to Oldham Lancashire. regards billiwizz
billiwizz

Postby Heslop » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:56 pm

I am a Heslop who has a diect line to my ancestors in the Arkengarthdale/Swaledadle area of North Yorks. I have in my tree the following Peacocks: John Peacock and Hannah (nee Heslop); John was born c.1790 in Arkengarthdale and Hannah was born c. 1792 in Kearton - they were the parents of Christopher Peacock born in Healaugh c.1823, who married a Margaret Race also born in Healaugh c1834. They were the parents of John Peacock born in Reeth c. 1865 who married a Mary Rowell born in Wolsingham , Co. Durham c1871. These were the parents of Alfred Peacock born in Stanley , Co. Durham 1897, who married a Pearl Sinclair born 1908 in Durham. They were the parents of Kenneth Peacock born in 1939 whose second wife was Wendy..
Would this be of any help.. Best Wishes.. Ron H.
Heslop

Postby Heslop » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:24 am

Re my last message, I have just received notification of a Catherine Heslop b. c. 1880 marrying a Frank Peacock born in Wisconsin in 1878. This family was living in Michigan in 1920.. Does this link with your family..
Heslop

Return to Main Forum